Did you ever wonder why our leading sires can deliver some sub-par performers from time to time or why a mare from a very modest performing family can suddenly produce a world champion?
The answer may well be with the breeder’s ability to understand a sire’s best breeding profile and to find and breed to those dams that give them both the very best chance of producing a future star.
The concept is referred to as “Pedigree Matching” and this sport has many exceptional breeders that totally understand the value in learning, and more importantly implementing this knowledge into action..
Harness racing (thanks to APG the industry-owned and not-for-profit sales company) still offers a fair and open playing field for breeders and owners that do their homework and gain the knowledge needed to bred a “Group 1 Star”. Yes, we have some very successful breeders that clearly have significant wealth and resources, however, l believe the accomplishments of some of the smaller, insightful breeders are truly amazing, and this may not be as possible in other codes.
It’s hard to imagine that the shrewd, canny and dedicated breeders, that back their ability, won’t now be getting a little excited about so many amazing opportunities in this sale. Here are a few random weanling lots from the sale:
- Lot 1– Outstanding Qbred weanling filly out of the same U307 Family as Lazarus
- Lot 7 – Amazing looking Qbred weanling colt by the very exciting U7 stallion Rock N Roll World
- Lot 13 – Well-handled and exceptionally prepared weanling colt by American Ideal – this lot has the same cross as Soho Tribeca.
- Lot 18 – Weanling colt by WA star Advanced Attack, we know his blood works in this N13 family.
- Lot 23 – Art Major weanling colt from the $264,566 winning N64 mare Life Inthefastlane.
- Lot 25 – is a Sweet Lou colt half to the 1:51.4 Lettucfib winner of $190,673 and Veracity Red winner of $168,248
- Lot 30 – A Great Success colt that’s the half to Carnera winner of $114,075 and Sky Majesty winner of $111,657
- Lot 32 – This outstanding Lennytheshark filly is out of the N117 half-sister of Esprit De Kayjay $586,976 Sir Galvinator $516,723 and Bronski Gorgeous winner of $210,622
- Lot 34 – This well put together colt by the very exciting U7 stallion Rock N Roll World is out of the “2Yo Pacer Of The Year” winner Self Denial.
- Lot 37 – This Qbred Centurion ATM weanling colt is from the same branch of the N35 star Buster Hanover winner of $557,147
- Lot 44 – This beautiful filly by the very exciting U7 stallion Rock N Roll World – out of the same A6 family as the $1,216,513 winning Baileys Dream.
The 2021 APG NATIONAL MIXED SALE (which starts Friday 16th of July and will finish Sunday the 18th of July) may just be the perfect vehicle for those breeders looking at implementing the knowledge they have. It’s so important that they too can start mixing it with the most prosperous, successful owners and consignors in the country.
Please click on the link below to check out the additional photos we added last night.
Please phone Linda Graham – 0428 955 998 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll be pleased to assist you with your online registrations.